Employees Provident Fund.. Generally known as PF ... a retirement benefit scheme available for the salaried class people in India. This year the Employees Provident Fund has introduced a e-pass book facility for their members through which each member can find their balance.
What is an EPF E-passbook? .. It is an on-line version and the member can easily track and check their balance.
How to register ...
It is very easy .. You can visit this site http://members.epfoservices.in/
click on the Register button at the bottom of the page
You will reach the registration page where you can register your mobile number which is mandatory
You will also need to enter your Date of Birth, email ID and select one of the eight documents
(PAN, Aadhar(UID), NPR (National population Register), bank account number, voter ID card, driving license, passport ID card or ration card number) along with its unique number and your name as it is in the documents. On entering six digit unique text characters you will have to click "GET PIN" to get a four digit authorization pin on your mobile.
Once you receive the PIN on your mobile you will have to enter the PIN on the box provided on the bottom, and click AGREE box and click submit button
Your registration will be completed and you will get a confirmation message on your mobile . This means your registration is completed.
How to generate pass book?
· log in to your account by selecting your documents .. entering the document no. and your mobile number that you entered on the registration page and click on the “sign in” button
· After successful login you can see your name on right side.. wherein you can edit your personal details and also download your e-passbook
· Select state under which your establishment is covered
· Choose the EPFO office.. If you do not know you can use the establishment search facility to get these details.
· After selecting enter your EPF A/c no. your name (as it is in your EPF Records)
· Click “Get PIN” to receive PIN on your mobile and email. Do not close this page till you get the PIN on your mobile/email.
· Enter the authorization pin on the box and click I agree button the click “get details”
· Now you can download the PDF>
REMEMBER .. While using EPFO e-passbook facility.
1. Use only one mobile no. However you can edit the mobile number details subsequently.
2. One establishment one EPF account number only. If you wish to view details of all your EPF accounts under a single establishment then you will have to first transfer one EPF to another.
3. You can view a total of 10 EPF accounts under different establishments. You can view your accounts en number of times and transfer old EPF accounts to existing ones too.
4. You cannot see inoperative and settled accounts
5. If you have left your job before March 2012, then you will not be able to see the details online. However you can place a request for the same on the website and it will be uploaded in a few days.
6. For logging you need only Mobile Number, Document name & number
7. You can use multiple ids to register by using different documents types.
The EPFO’s e-passbook facility is a welcome move which will enable employees in managing their EPF account in a better manner. The success of this facility depends on the efficiency of the EPFO in managing the website and handling requests from the members.